Friends of the Napa Library was organized in 1969 to support the Napa Main Library. Over the years, membership has grown to more than 1,000 members.
The Friends is tasked primarily as a fund raising organization to help support new and ongoing library programs.
Our main sources of funding are memberships and our quarterly book sales. Memberships are for the entire family and entitle you to attend the first day, “members only day”, of the book sales. Please click here to visit our Membership Page for more information and to join on-line via PayPal.
Book sales are held four times a year and span 9 days each. In a successful year, our annual Book Sale revenue can exceed $100,000.
These revenues enable us to support the library in many different areas including:
- help funding materials for the collection
- sponsoring programs for children
- assisting the Library in hosting special events
- maintaining an association of persons interested in libraries
- focusing public attention on the library and demonstrating political support on library issues
- supporting and cooperating with the library in developing and maintaining library services and facilities for the community
- supporting the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read Statement
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Oversight is provided by a board of directors. Below is our current Board and areas of oversight. We are always interested in opportunities to increase and expand expertise on the Board. If you are interested in serving in the future, please click here to visit our Contact Page.
2019-2020 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Robert Martin – President
Sandy Fagen – Vice President
Skip Keyser – Treasurer
Will Spence – Assistant Treasurer
Kathy Martin – Corresponding Secretary
Kathy Oates – Recording Secretary/Parliamentarian
Sandy Ellis – Book Sale Chair
Jeanine Layland – Web Master
Lee Milovich – Membership Co-Chair
Pat Milovich – Membership Co-Chair
Marilee Talley – Public Relations Chair