Thursday, July 30 – Friday July 31 – Saturday August 1
Thursday, August 6 – Friday, August 7 – Saturday, August 8
10:30am – 12noon each day
The first weekend was hugely successful! Thank you to everyone who bought books and for your patience as we figured the logistics!
Did we get your attention? That’s right, although we have been unable to hold our first two book sales this year and it appears that the September book sale is going to be another casualty of the COVID pandemic, we are going to hold our First Ever Friends of the Napa Library Back Door – By the Box Book Sale*. As you are all probably aware, all proceeds from our quarterly book sales fund many programs at the Napa County Library. Current programs we have or are funding can be found on our About Us Page. So, without our sales, many programs at the library will be cut back or eliminated.
What is a Back Door – By the Box Book Sale? Because the public has been very generous with book donations over the last 4 months, we have a lot of books to sell. But because we can’t facilitate customers shopping as you would normally would, we are trying something new..a Back Door – By the Box Book Sale to get books into our customer’s hands where they can be enjoyed instead of sitting in boxes stacked to the ceiling.
So, here’s how it works…
We have pre-boxed books in the categories listed below. You come to the back corner of the library (where you drop off donated books) – 5th Street between Coombs and Main. You tell us what category(s) you want. We get the box for you and put it in your car if needed. You pay us (we take cash, checks and credit cards). And you take the books home. It’s that simple….
The following are one (1) box for $10 or three (3) boxes for $25
Biography, Business/Economics, Cookbooks, Education, Foreign Language, Gardening, Health/Medical, History, Home Crafts/How To, Large Print, Law/Politics, Literature, Reference, Relationship/Self Help, Religion, Romance Paperbacks, Science Fiction, Travel, Westerns, Wine and Unsorted (Surprise!).
Children’s Grades 6-12 or Children’s Up to 5 th Grade – 3 Boxes for $10
Fiction (hardcover, Trade Paperback and Mass Market) – 2 Boxes for $10
CD’s– 2 boxes for $10, DVD’s – 1 box for $10.
- Boxes are sold as-is. Please do not open and/or sort through them on the premises.
- Some categories may not be available from time to time. We continue to sort and pack boxes.
- We ask that you return the empty boxes when you get a chance, so we don’t have to spend funds on new ones.
- Practice safety – wear a mask, practice social distancing and watch your step. Our back door is also the delivery area for the library. If the rear parking lot is full just drive around the block and give us a chance to get caught up. Please be careful and follow any instructions from the volunteer.
- The books have been in our possession for a minimum of 72 hours and most much longer. When we take in donated books, we quarantine them for 72 hours before we sort and pack them.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!